Masters Inter County Championships
The Inter County Championships is the largest event that we run with more than 2,000 players representing their counties in 22 categories throughout the season across senior, masters and junior categories. Dependent upon which category, there can be multiple divisions, from Premier to Division 2.
The Masters Championships provide competitive opportunities for players beyond club level in a team environment, and the opportunity to represent their county.
Entries for this year's competition will be made online, county secretaries will be responsible for entering teams.
There are currently 9 different categories in the Masters Championships:
- Men’s Over 35, 45, 50, 55, 60 and 65
- Squash 57 Over 40
- Women's Over 40 and 50
A full copy of the regulations can be downloaded here.
Masters categories consist of two stages. The women’s categories are the only exceptions to this with them playing across 2-3 match days and a finals weekend, rather than a stage 1 weekend.
- Stage I: consists of a weekend competition – counties are grouped according to the previous year's results and regionally, where possible.
- Finals: the results from Stage I dictate Stage II groupings, which are played over a weekend with teams playing for their final placings, as well as for promotion and relegation.
- Two teams are promoted and relegated each season (where appropriate).
- Only those teams in the Premier Divisions can win each category.
- Teams are made up of five players, except the Men’s Over 60 and 65, Women's Over 50 and Squash 57 Over 40 which consists of three players.
- Players must be within the age category up to and including the date of the finals for their age group.
- The Squash 57 Over 40 competition will have a Stage 1 and a finals weekend hosted over the same weekends as the senior event.
- The Championships are run by England Squash centrally.
- Counties are responsible for entering teams and for the selection of players for teams.
- All players must be valid England Squash members in order to participate in the Championships.
- Individual weekends are run by host counties with England Squash running and staging all finals weekends.
For more information contact email@example.com