We're committed to creating and maintaining a safe and positive environment for all young people and adults at risk to play squash. It's our responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all young people and adults at risk and protect them from poor practice, abuse and bullying. Please see our safeguarding policy statement for more information.
We recognise that everyone has a responsibility to safeguard and protect all young people and adults at risk and have therefore developed policy, procedures and guidelines in safeguarding and protecting young people and adults at risk in squash. These apply to all individuals involved, paid or in a voluntary capacity in squash.
Download our safeguarding policies here:
- Safeguarding children policy (Revised 1.12.17)
- Safeguarding adults at risk policy
- Equality statement policy
My Magic Sports Kit
The following video features young children involved in different sports describing how the behaviour of parents/spectators deteriorates when they wear their 'magic sports kit'.
Where to seek advice
If you have any questions or concerns regarding safeguarding issues within squash, please contact Louise Pickford by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0161 438 4302.
If you are worried or have an immediate or historic concern about a child or at risk adult’s safety then please call the NSPCC Helpline number – 0808 800 5000.
Safeguarding forms and guidance
The following forms and guidance have been developed to provide everyone involved in squash and squash 57 the tools to ensure best practice:
Clubs and Counties
- Application form
- Coach and Volunteer Reference Form
- Code of Conduct Players
- Code of Conduct Referees
- DBS Guidance
- Application to capture images at events (season pass)
- Photography and Video Policy Statement
- Application to capture images at events (one day pass)
- Parent Consent Form
- County Welfare Officer - job description
- Club Welfare Officer - job description
- Social Media Acceptable Use Statement and Form
- Safer Recruitment for Clubs and Counties
- Safe Squash Club Officer A4 Editable Poster
- Safe Squash Juniors A4 Editable Poster
- Safe Squash Adults A4 Editable Poster
- Safe Squash Event Template A4 Editable Poster
- Definitions of Abuse
- Incident referral form
- Key Contacts
- Training Matrix
- Advice and support for individuals receiving a disclosure
- Advice and support for those who have experienced abuse
- Information for those against whom a complaint of poor practice or allegation of abuse has been made
- Suspension Policy